Find window replacement companies near you! Many homeowners simply don't know when replacement windows are necessary. The experts at Amazing Siding & Windows can help. Beyond the obvious reasons that replacement windows are necessary, such as cracked or broken windows, the need for replacement windows is based on many factors.
Below are a few questions that will help you decide if replacement windows are necessary for your home:
- Do you feel a draft coming from your windows when they're closed?
- Light a candle and place it near a closed window. Does it stay lit? Even if you don't feel a draft when standing near a window, if the flame on the candle blows out, it's time for it to be replaced.
- Does condensation build up on your windows?
- Does frost build up on your windows?
- Do you need a support to keep the window open?
- Do your windows appear to be warped? Remember - glass is a moving solid. In historical homes that have the original glass window panes in them, you will see the glass is warped and misshapen. It's a common phenomenon.
- Are the windows showing signs of deterioration?
- Are you unhappy with the appearance of your windows?
- Have you noticed your energy bill has been increasing?
If you answered yes to any one of these questions, it's time to consider replacement windows for your home.
When it comes to replacement windows, homeowners are faced with few options. The most common replacement windows used today are:
- Wood Replacement Windows
- Aluminum Replacement Windows
- Vinyl Replacement Windows
Which is the best option? It's a simple matter of comparison. Wood replacement windows are a bad investment simply because they don't last. As for aluminum windows, they are almost impossible to repair. This leaves only one viable option vinyl replacement windows.
Vinyl windows are the popular choice for many homeowners for multiple reasons, all of which are benefits that wood and aluminum windows cannot provide. Vinyl replacement windows are inexpensive and easy to install. They are easy to maintain. Vinyl windows are impervious to water. They do not rot. Vinyl replacement windows prevent heat loss better than wood and aluminum, which makes them efficient for heating and cooling. Vinyl windows are also available in a wide range of decorative styles.
Additional benefits of vinyl windows include:
- Energy Efficiency
- Requires No Painting
- Cost Effectiveness
- Easily Customizable
- Quickly Installed
Give your home a whole new look from the outside in with quality replacement windows. Find a pre-screened, well-known replacement window contractor nationwide in seconds. We'll find the exact combination of service, products and value you're looking for!